NAWCC Community Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our NAWCC community. To ensure the best possible experience for all NAWCC members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these NAWCC Groups, Libraries, Blogs, and other features, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these resources. You also agree to confine group discussions to topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your fellow members, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions concerning your NAWCC membership should be directed to our Member Services department. Technical questions regarding our community or website services should directed to the Information Services Department.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact us. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, the NAWCC reserves the right to limit, suspend, or terminate the membership of any participant who violates the rules of this resource.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the groups are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. Disagree with ideas or opposing opinions, NOT with the individual people who introduce them. All discussion here is intended to be friendly. Ad hominem insult will not be tolerated.
- Don't post commercial messages on any NAWCC Groups. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in the group lists is available for all to see, and comments posted there are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a NAWCC Group message that you would not want the world to see, or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the group lists and resource libraries.
- Remember that NAWCC and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings made to the NAWCC Groups.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NAWCC reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
NAWCC Groups Etiquette
- Include a signature tag with your name on all messages.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message when quoting it in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response BEFORE the quoted portion of the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list of Groups when it contains information of benefit to everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the NAWCC Groups. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message." If a message drifts off-topic, note that in the subject line by labeling it "Off Topic"
The Legal Stuff
This online resource is provided as a service of the NAWCC. The NAWCC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The NAWCC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NAWCC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAWCC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she is the originator of the material, he or she owns the copyright with respect to the material, or he or she has received permission from the copyright owner to post the material. In addition, the posting party grants the NAWCC and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to reference, quote, discuss, and cite the material, as well as third-party rights to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use portions of the material in accordance with U.S. and international copyright law according to the implied license under which it is shared here.